Vaping might help you stop smoking; however, that will only work if you purchase a vaping device that you enjoy using and that satisfies the mental and physical reasons that keep you smoking in the first place. If you’ve tried vaping before without much success, be sure to consider the best vaping devices to stop smoking in 2019.
Even here at Vapor Scapes, former smokers took years to turn to vaping because they did not select a good e-cigarette for smokers nor did they choose the right e-liquid. Of course, the juice that you can buy for your vape may very well depend upon the device you choose.
With that in mind, let’s look at some editor’s picks for the top vaping devices for smokers who want to quit and hopefully… soon-to-be ex-smokers:
Love them or hate them, Juul vaping devices have become the most popular choice in the United States. According to CNBC, plenty of adult smokers have managed to replace cigarettes with a Juul too.
One of the first reasons that they made this list is because the devices and the proprietary nicotine salt pods are commonly available at gas stations and corner stores. The nicotine salt juice delivers a good nicotine punch without tasting harsh, so these slim devices can do a good job of satisfying nicotine urges. Finally, the Juul is really easy to use out of the box, and that’s true even if you have never vaped before. You simply pop in a pod and inhale.
The biggest downside of the Juul is the cost. It’s a relatively affordable device for the typical quality. However, some vapers complain that the pre-filled pods end up costing them as much as cigarettes do. Of course, there are some ways to make using a Juul device much more affordable:
- If you’re savvy, you can find some YouTube videos that will show you how to pry off the top and stopper to refill the Juul with much cheaper nicotine salts that you can buy online or at a local vape shop.
- Some other companies, like OVNS, produce refillable pods that will work with a Juul and one of their own devices.
- Still other brands, notably EonSmoke, make pre-filled pods that cost less than Juul pods. Again, you can find them online or in some vape shops.
Note that the editors here have tried both the Juul-compatable OVNS pods and device. They both earned a thumbs up for quality, and also, you don’t have to use the Juul proprietary charger with them. You can charge the OVNS JC01 with a normal charger.
On the other hand, the EonSmoke Mango pods offered a good flavor, but they seemed to leak a bit and get consumed really quickly.
Smoke Novo and Smoke Nord
If you’d rather just start with a refillable device that’s still very easy to use, you might start with a popular pod mod like the Smok Novo or the Smok Nord.
These are some differences between the Smoke Novo and the Smok Nord:
- Both devices are similar in price, affordable (especially at good, online vaping shops), and refillable.
- The Novo pod contains a coil, so you must replace the entire pod/coil combo when the coil or wick get used up.
- You can replace the Nord Pod, but you can also simply replace the coil. This makes the Nord potentially cheaper to use in the long run, but the Novo is still simpler in this respect.
- The Nord is a bit bigger, and you do need to push buttons to turn it on and to get it to fire.
- The Novo is easier to use because it relies upon an auto-draw system that functions more like a Juul and a regular cigarette.
The editors here have enjoyed the Nord a bit more once they adjusted to it because it has a bigger battery and a longer battery life. Still, the Novo is much easier to use, so it might be a better choice for a beginner.
One problem with the Novo is that the pod and contacts must be cleaned regularly or else juice will leak into the pod and cause auto-firing problems. At that point, it’s probably prudent to discard the device and buy another one. Nobody here has experienced that problem with the Smok Nord. If you don’t mind pushing a button, the Nord will probably give you a greater value for your money and more satisfaction.
This device is still pretty easy to use, but it’s a little more challenging to fill than the Smok Nord and Novo and certainly the Juul. Still, it delivers the smoothest puffs and a more intense flavor than the options outlined above.
While you do need to change the coils by screwing the old one out and the new one in once in awhile, you don’t need to replace pods. Like the Nord, you need to turn it on by pushing the button. After that, you can either push the button to inhale or use the auto-fire feature.
Do You Have a Favorite Vaping Device for Smokers?
Please share your experiences with quitting smoking with vaping in the comments below. The best vaping device for smokers won’t be the same for everybody.