Do you want a Juul-compatible vaping device that takes Juul pods? If so, you will probably be interested in this review of the Loon starter kit. In fact, the Loon Juul-compatible vaping device duplicates so many features of the Juul, it would be hard to tell the difference right out of the box. You can find the Loon starter kit for sale online and in some vaping and convenience stores.
Loon Juul-Compatible Vaping Device Review
Unlike another Juul-compatible vaping device, the OVNS, this one mimics the heft, look, and feel of the brand-name Juul device very well. A reviewer of the Loon starter kit at one popular retailer mentioned that it was “just like a Juul.” Our reviewers concur. If it wasn’t for the Loon brand stamped across the bottom of the battery and upon the charger, most people would not see any difference.
In our new Loon device, we also got a couple of cool skins to use to stick on the device, just to make sure we can tell the difference!
In fact, it’s a lot easier to compare the Loon to the OVNS than it is to compare the Loon to the Juul:
- The Juul-compatible OVNS device appears to have a more powerful battery, but the Loon is very comparable to the Juul in this respect as well.
- The OVNS uses a typical micro-USB charger, but the Look uses a magnetic charger like a Juul does. In fact, you can use the chargers for the Loon and the Juul with either device.
- Unlike OVNS, Loon bods aren’t refillable, except if you want to hack them like some people do with Juul pods. At the same time, pods for any of these devices appear to work with any of the others.
Why Buy a Loon and Not a Juul Device?
The big advantage to buying a Loon device is that it’s typically much cheaper than a Juul. For about the same price as buying only a Juul and charger, you can buy a Loon starter kit that comes with five sample pods to try.
Compare Loon Vs Juul Prices
For instance, at one of our favorite online vaping shops:
- Loon device and charger only: About $24
- Loon device and charger with pod sampler pack: About $38 for a Loon
- Juul device, charger, and pod sampler pack price: About $50
- Juul basic device and charger: Sold out at this retailer, but we’ve seen them for about $35 at a nearby gas station
The Loon vs. Juul in Use
The experience of using both the Loon and Juul with the same pod is very similar. The charging experience of our new Loon device is also exactly the same, though we believe the Loon starter kit used to come with a slightly different style of charger.
With the new Loon charger, you can also choose to charge it in one of two directions, either straight up or straight out, and this is an advantage. The Juul charger only works straight up, so it won’t fit in some cars.
Should You Buy the Loon Vaping Device?
We’ve had a lot of experience with Juul devices, and they’ve been the most reliable vaping devices that we’ve used. Love them or hate them, they get the job done. We can’t honestly say that we’ve used the Loon vaping device as long. Our initial impression is that the Loon is a good option for a replacement or backup for a Juul because it appears very similar.
If you’re interested in shopping for the Loon, the Juul, the OVNS, or other vaping devices and supplies, you are certainly welcome to visit one of our sponsors: Buy the Loon here.